- Opportunity to work on top-tier projects
- Flexible working hours with supportive working from home environment
- Join our growing Geotechnical & Tunnels group
With approximately 6,100 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer
to join any of our offices across Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra. This is a challenging role that will see you lead the delivery of best-practice geotechnical consulting services to Defence clients throughout Australia and collaborate with other discipline leaders to deliver multi-disciplinary projects in the Defence sector.
You will be part of our accomplished Geotechnical and Tunnels section and will work alongside our established team of Geotechnical and Tunnelling technical experts, assisting in bidding and delivering successful projects. Your role will also be well supported across our business, with skilled resources in other sections.
Your technical expertise will be deployed across projects in the transport, power, water, mining, property and government sectors to continue the growth of an already successful and reputable capability.
Some of the key projects we have delivered nationally include:
What you will do
- RAAF Base Tindal and KC-30A Redevelopment
- Robertson Barracks Improvements Project, Darwin, NT
- RAAF Base Curtin Redevelopment project
What we will love about you
- Deliver best practice consulting services to clients, focusing on Defence projects across Australia
- Provide technical leadership for geotechnical services on large multi-disciplinary Defence projects.
- Manage key Defence client relationships, developing strategy, technical service offerings and significant business opportunities.
- Build a reputation as technical leader/lead consultant with leadership of tender and project teams on consulting assignments.
- Leverage the strength and depth of the geotechnical team across Australia to deliver efficient, practical and innovative solutions to clients in the Defence sector.
- Contribute to Defence sector strategy and direction as a key senior member of the business.
- Leadership of project teams on consulting assignments.
- Project management, budgeting and quality control for consulting assignments.
- Participate in Defence industry groups, expert panels etc. as part of maintaining high industry profile.
- Mentor and coach junior through to senior staff with respect to their career growth and professional development.
- Build a national network of geotechnical professionals across the business focused on the pursuit and delivery of Defence sector projects.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- 15+ years' experience in geotechnical engineering
- Tertiary qualified in civil and/or geotechnical engineering with CPEng accreditation.
- A well-developed knowledge of tendering and delivering geotechnical services for Defence Infrastructure projects including foundations, pavements, earthworks and excavations across all project phases from initial concept through to design and construction.
- Experience on large, intermediate and small size Defence projects at a senior level.
- Previous operational, technical and management exposure within Defence or consulting to Defence sector clients.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of Defence sector protocols and procurement.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyse, interpret and communicate information.
- Flexible, adaptive to change and demanding conditions.
- Collaborative approach and ability to build teams and rapport amongst clients, colleagues and other industry leaders.
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.