- Opportunity to work on top-tier projects
- Flexible working hours with supportive working from home environment
- Join our growing Geotechnical & Tunnels group
With approximately 6,100 staff across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, WSP engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
WSP have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer
to join our Perth office. This is a challenging role that will see you deliver innovative and effective technical solutions to both internal and external clients.
You will be part of our accomplished Geotechnical and Tunnels section and will work alongside our established team of Geotechnical and Tunnelling technical experts, assisting in bidding and delivering successful projects. Your role will also be well supported across our business, with skilled resources in other sections.
Your technical expertise will be deployed across projects in the transport, power, water, mining, property and government sectors to continue the growth of an already successful and reputable capability.
Some of the key projects we have delivered nationally include:
What you will do
- Tonkin Gap
- BHP Southyard Ground Improvement
- Elizabeth Quay Lot 2 and 3
What we will love about you
- Deliver best practice consulting services to clients, focusing on projects in Perth, as well as having involvement in regional and global projects as required;
- Provide leadership across a range of projects including infrastructure and other sectors;
- Providing technical advice on complex geotechnical issues to clients and internal staff;
- Manage key clients developing strategy, technical service offerings and significant business opportunities;
- Building a reputation as Technical Leader/Lead Consultant with leadership of project teams on consulting assignments;
- Contribute to office strategy and direction as a key senior member of staff;
- Leadership of project teams on consulting assignments;
- Project management, budgeting and quality control for consulting assignments;
- Participate in industry groups and/or expert panels as part of maintaining a high industry profile;
- Mentor, train and coach junior through to senior staff with respect to their career growth and professional development;
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- 15+ years' experience in geotechnical engineering
- Demonstrated experience in design and technical lead on multidisciplinary project
- Track record of promoting innovation in the field of geotechnical engineering to create value for clients/ projects
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation / review of written technical reports and client communications
- Demonstrated experience in geotechnical design including rock/soil/structure interaction
- A successful track record in undertaking and managing field investigations for small to large size geotechnical projects
- A civil engineering or engineering geology degree
- Post graduate qualifications in a geotechnical related field will be considered favourably
- A strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to take responsibility for geotechnical design delivery in multidisciplinary environment
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.