Australia - Western Australia, Perth Job Summary
- Unique opportunity for an accomplished Marine Environmental Scientist to work on a vast array of exciting Marine related projects
- Highly regarded and accomplished environmental team based in Perth
- O pportunities to travel and work on projects across Australia and internationally
We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated Principal Environmental Scientist looking to take the next step in their career to be a part of our leading Marine Sciences / Impact Assessment and Permitting Team based in Perth.
This position will provide you with an opportunity to develop your career, collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams in both marine and terrestrial environments. You will gain exposure to a diverse array of high profile projects across a range of sectors including oil and gas, ports and harbours, Defence, renewable energy, public infrastructure and mining. You will work amongst a team of experienced peers and alongside our clients, while learning first-hand from our in-house senior advisors and technical leaders.
Although primarily marine focused, the role is likely to involve some terrestrial work so we are looking for a versatile person who has experience or a willingness to work across both environments to deliver first class environmental impact assessments and environmental approvals for our clients.
Ideally an experienced marine scientist you will contribute to all stages of the environmental impact assessment and environmental approvals process including planning and execution of field work for technical studies, development and undertaking monitoring programs, data analysis and reporting.
An understanding of and experience with delivering approvals under the Commonwealth and State regulatory frameworks governing environmental impact assessment is required.
Our Perth team is currently contributing to projects in every State and Territory of Australia and internationally, which allows our team to take up opportunities to work on exciting projects in a variety of regions on both a short term and long term basis. Minimum Requirements
- With an attention to detail, you will be willing to take on new challenges and to contribute ideas and think innovatively to solve problems you may encounter
- At least 6 years relevant industry experience in marine environmental science and demonstrated client focus.
- A sound understanding of environmental impact assessment principles, environmental legislation and regulatory requirements for both offshore (oil and gas) and coastal marine developments.
- Experience in planning and implementing field studies in remote locations (offshore preferred)
- Statistical data analysis and GIS skills.
Benefits at AECOM
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline (e.g. BSc. Env Sc. or similar with a Marine Science or Biology major)
- Experience in offshore oil and gas approvals would be beneficial.
- Experience in working with marine fauna is favourable, but not essential.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
You must have the right to live and work
in this location to apply for this job. What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Engineering - Environmental Business Line
Environment Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full-Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.