Principal Environmental Engineer
Are you excited by the thought of working on some of Australia's largest game changing projects across emerging industries that are helping to shape Australia's future? We are looking for a Principal Environmental Engineer to lead the design and development of management solutions for infrastructure and defence capability projects both locally and around Australia.
At KBR we are a Global team and creativity, collaboration and excellence are at the core of what we do. Does this resonate with you?
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and diligent principal environmental practitioner with the experience to lead and deliver environmental projects. You will work with a group of highly regarded industry practitioners who value technical expertise and innovation and apply practical on-the-ground problem solving and engineering solutions to deliver successful outcomes. Additionally, you will assist in developing and delivering our expanding range of environmental services for our growing client base both within Queensland and interstate.
Our people are important to us, and we realise it is important to nurture a culture of trust, giving you the freedom to step up and take opportunities that will challenge you. We value an inclusive and diverse work environment and are working together to build a culture that embraces each other's unique strengths and experiences.The Opportunity
It is a fantastic time to join the KBR team as we continue to develop a strong pipeline of diverse, interesting projects for a range of clients across the country.Key Responsibilities include:
Qualifications and Experience
- Lead environmental engineering assessments, mine and asset closure planning, environmental management plans and designs
- Work independently or provide leadership to complete environmental engineering designs in the areas of infrastructure development, mining, earthworks, solid waste management, water balance assessment, irrigation and stormwater design
- Provide environmental input, advice and expertise on studies and engineering projects
- Produce high quality professional deliverables
- Provide technical and field task input to environmental disciplines including, water quality and soils assessment in both terrestrial and coastal environments
- Develop environmental solutions in collaboration with other internal/external professionals
- Work cooperatively with a wide range of technical specialists and project managers
- Develop and deliver our expanding range of environmental services for our growing client base both within Queensland and interstate.
Who are you?
- Graduate or postgraduate qualifications in environmental engineering or other relevant qualification.
- A minimum of 10 plus years' experience in Engineering (Environmental)
- RPEQ status or willingness to work towards this or other chartered status
- Proven capability in professional technical writing in a consulting environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel to carryout field assessments in remote areas
If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it's that working together to reach common goals cannot be done without passion and commitment behind them. We are looking for a senior technical practitioner with a focus on delivery to join our high performing Water& Environment group. This is a great role with genuine opportunity for growth and we want to attract an individual to support us in delivering excellent environmental outcomes for our projects and our clients across all sectors in which we operate.About Us
KBR have been established for over 100 years and we pride ourselves on being an innovative and forward-thinking company with a reputation for delivering on some of the most challenging and complex engineering projects in the world.What we offer
Our KBR FLEX policy is the best in class flexible work arrangement policy, enabling our employees to bring their best to work whilst balancing their wellbeing needs. Work hard, play hard.
Our growing portfolio of projects means our ambitious employees are spoilt for choice for career development opportunities and are supported on their journey through an extensive suite of internal and external training program.So how do I apply?
If what you've read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Just click apply and upload your resume and cover letter.
KBR values an inclusive and diverse work environment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds, to apply. Our hiring decisions are based on the key requirements of each role and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and experiences.