communities thrive as a result of it. Future Ready is WSP's innovation framework. It enables us to design to both the current code and for this future world.
With approximately 50,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer / Senior Principal Structural Engineer with Cut and cover tunnels experience to join our Melbourne teamMain Responsibilities include:
Experience, Capabilities & Competencies:
- Planning and leading the delivery of a range of projects including bridges, civil structures, and cut and cover.
- Undertake analysis/design works for transport structures for road and rail projects.
- Prepare / review design calculations and technical reports.
- Supervise and provide support and guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Review work performed by others
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and Clients as required during project delivery.
- Manage project risks and monitor multiple projects of varying complexity and size
- Act as a project manager on medium to large size projects, or a design lead on major transport projects
- Establishes project scope, time and cost management systems. Coaches others in managing competing demands.
- Provide technical leads on multiple projects of varying complexity and size.
- Establishes project communications and integration systems.
- Understanding of contracts and commercials as related to project delivery.
- Provide expert input to pursuits and proposals.
- Professional Chartered Engineer (CPEng)
Benefits at WSP:
- Proven excellence at all stages of the project life cycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, consenting, detailed design and data analysis, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems to brief and budget
- Demonstrated competence in providing key technical expertise across a broad range of high profile projects.
- Experience in supervising and managing engineers and senior engineers
- Built technical capability of others (training & mentoring) and transferred technical expertise within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or Structural Engineering.
- Engineers Australia Chartered engineering status
- 18+ years of relevant experience, including design of Cut and Cover Tunnels, Large deep excavation, Large retaining walls and a good understanding of soil - structures interaction.
- Experience in Engineering software with detailed construction stages analysis such as (MIDAS)
- As a people focused business, we really focus on work/life balance and helping you built a stable career.
- You'll be able to purchase extra leave to facilitate your dreams or obligations.
- You will have a Personalised career growth and training through our Award-winning Learning & Development team
- You will be able to drive your own career and your own success using our THRIVE Portal.
- We also offer a suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- WSP is an organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
At WSP you'll be part of a supportive organisation that encourages continued development through structured technical/management training, global and local practice networks and wellbeing programs.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.