Due to continued growth, our Energy business unit is looking to hire a Principal level Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical and Infrastructure Team. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of professionals to deliver a range of significant projects for public and private sector clients, both locally and nationally, across a wide range of Energy, Power and other critical infrastructure projects.
This role is available in Sydney, our NSW regional offices in Newcastle and Singleton, or capital cities Australia-wide.
With approximately 55,000 talented people globally and 6,400 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
Early in 2022 we were recognised by Verdantix as the most sustainable company in the engineering industry and a leading ESG and Sustainability Consulting Firm (Verdantix Benchmark Reveals Four Leaders In ESG & Sustainability Consulting).
What you'll do:
- Work within a team of high performing electrical engineers to provide electrical engineering development and design solutions across a range of multi-disciplinary projects and pursuits.
- Lead, manage or undertake design development for engineering projects and packages, growing in size and complexity as your career develops.
- Provide specialist technical input to a diverse range of projects in line with WSP quality system and client requirements.
- Promote the continual improvement of best practice OHS&E and Quality systems and behaviours.
- Foster and evolve client relationships through successful project delivery.
- Lead pursuits and proposals.
- Mentor, supervise and coordinate junior to mid-level engineers.
- Have the flexibility to choose industries to build on your experience or try something different (such as complex horizontal infrastructure, mining, energy, transmission and/or distribution, renewable, defence or water)
- Proactively participate in existing and future projects aimed at de-carbonisation
- Should you wish to take on the challenge, be a contributing Owner's Engineer, Independent Certifier or Lender's Technical Advisor
- Depending on your industry preference, be part of the team to pursue, develop and deliver present and future planned Renewable Energy Zones
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Typically 10-15 years experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications - e.g. degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- A broad range of experience levels with a background in electrical technical advice or design of critical electrical systems (such as mining, water, processing plants or transport) or the power industry (such as generation, transmission or distribution utilities).
- Ability to train and mentor junior engineers in electrical engineering
- A fundamental knowledge of key Australian Standards
- Experience working within an engineering consultancy, or in a design/development role for a contractor or asset owner.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of specifications, conceptual, and detailed design of electrical industrial/infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in a sub discipline of electrical engineering at either the high voltage and/or low voltage level (such as Secondary system design and protection system)
- Power systems and modelling experience would be highly regarded (e.g. either CYMCAP, SKM PTW, PowerCAD, PSS/E, DigSilent or CDEGS).
- A leadership approach to Safety in Design with the identification and resolution of safety risks and ensuring legislative compliance.
- Extensive experience in preparing proposals for consulting engagements. Contribution to business development and related pursuits would be highly regarded.
- Engineers with a network of contacts within client and contractor organisations who can help expand our breath of services will be highly regarded.
- If you are a senior electrical engineer with at least eight years experience and you are looking for your next challenge or looking to move up to a principal level, we encourage you to apply.
What we will offer you:
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion.......
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you want to have a confidential conversation about the role feel free to get in touch with Jeremy Olaivar on 61 404 447 410 or at Jeremy. Olaivar@wsp.com