Transurban Queensland's (TQ) Assets Engineering team is driven to deliver excellence. Responsible for the condition and risk management of a $10B network of roads, tunnels and bridges spanning 81 kilometres across Brisbane, they assume overall responsibility for managing the assets condition and performance, including management of the asset life cycle and application of best-practice maintenance engineering for whole of life services.
The Principal Structural Engineer is a key member of the Assets Engineering team and is responsible for the overall management and protection of the civil structural aspects of TQ's assets, including ensuring that the assets are compliant with deed obligations and deliver optimal operating performance. This role is Transurban Queensland's specialist in the civil structural discipline. The highway assets encompass the pavements, earthworks, road furniture, signing, hydrology and drainage (including groundwater drains), water quality and interface with lighting, ITS, traffic signals and traffic engineering, acoustics and services across the Gateway Motorway, the Logan Motorway, Legacy Way, Go Between Bridge, Inner City Bypass, Airport Link and Clem 7, all critical transport corridors.
This role is available as fixed term position for a minimum of 6 months.
The impact you will have
- You'll take an overarching strategic approach to asset maintenance, including applying a long-term focus on asset availability and trend analysis to develop strategic maintenance plans and a whole-of-life balanced approach to asset maintenance including obsolescence
- You'll oversee a portfolio of design management and maintenance planning activities covering asset civil structural infrastructure
- You'll ensure maintenance and project activities are delivered in a commercially and legally appropriate approach whilst conforming to industry best practice and consistent with concession deed requirements
- You'll develop and maintain strategic relationships with vendors and support consultants
- You'll organise and implement Root Cause Analysis, Reliability Analysis and obsolescence reviews on assets and asset elements
- You'll provide technical engineering guidance for all internal business units and respond to asset need at short notice if required.
The talents you'll bring
- Comprehensive knowledge and proven technical experience in civil structures design engineering or construction with a minimum of 15 years' experience in the industry
- You'll have a Bachelor / Master's Degree in Civil Structural Engineering acceptable for Corporate Membership of Engineers Australia
- You'll be Registered Professional Engineer Queensland, Civil Structural Division or be able to achieve status within six months (i.e. through Mutual Recognition Agreements) or ability to obtain within 6 months;
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in building and leading small teams in collaborative environments
- Ability to represent the company with stakeholders on technical issues
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment Regulations.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!
Contingent - Position Managed