As the world's most trusted infrastructure consulting firm, we're committed to managing our business with the upmost responsibility and to always strive for better - reducing emissions, creating social value or diversifying our senior leadership and workforce.
We understand both the urgency of the challenges facing our society and our responsibility to respond in an impactful and enduring way. Armed with this consciousness, we're leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future, partnering with those who want to make a positive difference in the world.
AECOM's Building Engineering group is looking for a highly driven Principal Civil Engineer to join our Building Structural/Civil Team, based in Melbourne. As a leading member of our team, you will provide technical, project management and civil engineering design input to contribute to a range of projects across Commercial, Health, Education, Defence and Aviation projects.
Working with a team of experts, this role will give you the opportunity to impart your Civil Engineering knowledge into major Buildings projects within our diverse multidisciplinary Buildings + Places group in Melbourne.
You will work with a number of internal and external clients and will be involved in key stakeholder engagement processes, contributing to the growth of our business and developing an increased capability in Civil Engineering aspects related to Buildings and Social Infrastructure projects.
This role is ideal for an individual who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with engineers, drafters and designers at varying levels of experience. This role will see you take on a mentoring role for our junior staff and will enable you to guide and coach the next generation of professionals in the sector.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering;
- Demonstrable and proven experience in civil engineering design;
- Proven and demonstrable experience working for an engineering design consultancy;
- Expert knowledge in civil engineering design on buildings projects and delivery across diverse market sectors;
- Proficient in the use of relevant software packages
- Confidence in leading technical input to studies and design for Civil/Structural Engineering projects;
- Clear and precise communication skills, with an ability to present complex technical solutions to a variety of stakeholders and clients;
- Ability to provide estimates for engineering budgets and schedule in order to meet requirements on large projects, with multidisciplinary aspects.
Benefits at AECOM
- Prior evidence of leading large, multidisciplinary civil/structural buildings projects;
- CPEng accreditation, or working towards, highly advantageous.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- Work-from-home equipment packages and assistance;
- Diverse, challenging and exciting multidisciplinary engineering projects;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM and in the absence of a signed Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any recruitment fee.What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
B&P - Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.