Australia - New South Wales, Sydney Job Summary
AECOM are seeking a Principal Civil Engineer with strong experience in business development and project management to be a senior figure in our highly successful Sydney engineering urban development team. Major urban regeneration precincts the team are currently leading include Green Square, Ashmore, Waterloo and The Bays along with a number of Department of Planning planned Precincts.
We are looking for a passionate individual who can help grow the team further through existing and new contacts with key private clients and who is a natural multi-disciplinary engineering leader able to work collaboratively with architects, urban designers, landscape architects and building engineers.
As a leader with a client focus and a technical background, you would be responsible for both winning and delivering complex, large scale projects that deliver high standard outcomes for AECOM clients. Minimum Requirements About You
You will have a Civil Engineering background with existing relationships working with private sector clients in Sydney. Your design experience can range from master planning and technical advice to detailed designs of roads, drainage, water sensitive design and utility coordination.
You will have experience leading and working collaboratively with multi-discipline teams including urban design and landscape, environment, transport, water, energy and telecommunications disciplines.
You will be an experienced project manager with an understanding of all phases of a development project from planning, through to design and delivery and can demonstrate an ability to liaise with external stakeholders and contractors to deliver positive project outcomes.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
Benefits at AECOM
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or similar;
- Extensive years of relevant engineering experience with a particular focus on infrastructure projects;
- Strong relationships with existing clients, potential new clients and a drive to win work;
- Ability to work independently, with a responsible approach to the delivery of engineering outcomes, supervising junior engineers the selection of appropriate techniques, procedures and methods;
- Competent in exercising sound engineering judgement whilst contributing to the design and development of engineering solutions, identifying constraints, opportunities and buildability issues;
- Capable in the planning and organisation of tasks, people, project programmes and fee proposals;
- Proactive management of project financials to ensure planned budgets are met;
- A passion to engage in the creative and innovative development of engineering technology and continuous improvement systems;
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment and proven strength in communicating concepts/ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders; and
- Passionate about training and mentorships of junior team members.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or similar What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Engineering - Civil Business Line
Water Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full-Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
252657BR Clearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.