With approximately 47,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com The Opportunity:
Our Resources team provides a range of design and project management services to mining and resources clients around Australia. We are currently seeking a Principal Civil Engineer to combine both their mining infrastructure experience and leadership skills to help grow the Perth based civil engineering team.What you'll do:
What we'll love about you:
- Guide a team of civil engineers within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver a range of mine infrastructure related projects including road design, earthworks, drainage
- Technical leadership of civil engineering design for mining clients
- Leading scope and budget development in response to clients' needs
- Allocate resources and track budgets
- Contribute to broader team effort of business development
- Working with the wider resources team and other teams within the company nationally and internationally to deliver clients' outcomes
What you'll love about us:
- A civil engineering degree from a recognised institution with approximately fifteen or more years' local experience
- Strong experience with the engineering of mining infrastructure projects from concept to detailed design
- Broad skills across a range of civil design and engineering areas (roads, development, mining)
- Effective leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Membership or eligibility for membership of Engineers Australia
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.