Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of energy, water and urbanisation.
With more than 9000 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm, servicing clients across five continents.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for Power Systems Engineers. These will be key part of our power team, delivering a range of projects for our clients in Europe, the Middle East and Australia. We are seeking engineers to join our power team in either Newcastle or Guildford.
The consultancy work currently delivered by our power systems team includes:
- Steady state analysis i.e. load flow and fault level studies
- Dynamic analysis i.e. frequency and voltage stability studies
- Harmonic analysis including power quality and filter design studies
- Grid code compliance reviews for generators, energy storage systems & loads
- Wide area power systems analysis
- Protection co-ordination studies
Skills, knowledge & experience
We currently have vacancies for senior and junior engineers. Knowledge and experience requirements for the senior engineer roles include:
- Electrical engineering degree (minimum BSc/BEng) required
- Knowledge of fundamental power systems analysis concepts - load flow, fault level, frequency / voltage stability required
- Knowledge of further power systems concepts - EMT studies, harmonic analysis, protection desirable
- Experience with power systems analysis programs, including DIgSILENT PowerFactory required, other programs i.e. PSSE, PSCAD desirable
- Knowledge of UK and international grid codes desirable
What's in it for you:
We are committed to the success of our people which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career.
Here is what we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package; pension, medical insurance, income protection, 25 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks
- Enhanced parental leave
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - cycle to work, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan, discounts on retail & wellbeing classes
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing by signing up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team.
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program (bring people with you)
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
Our commitment to you
Fostering diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides generous annual leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. The working hours for this role are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD aims to provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, or race.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.