Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface and underground mining, civil design and construction, performance enhancement, and mine site maintenance and rehabilitation services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
- Play a vital role in our future growth and support our surface or underground projects
- Multiple opportunities on offer either on family friendly FIFO rosters or based in our Perth and Brisbane corporate offices
- Relocation and visa assistance available for suitable candidates if required
Due to the continuous growth and strengthening our position Australia wide Macmahon is currently looking for experienced Mining Engineers
and Senior Mining Engineers
to join the Team at one of our sites either in WA ( inclusive of our Perth Corporate Office) as well as at the East Coast (inclusive of our Brisbane Office). We have multiple positions available across both surface and underground divisions with majority of the roles available on a family friendly 8 days on 6 days off roster flying in and out of Perth, Brisbane & Mackay.
To be considered for those roles, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role, accompanied by a tertiary degree in Mining Engineer or equivalent;
- Previous exposure to either hard rock surface or underground mining projects across commodities like gold, coal, nickel, etc.;
- Demonstrated understanding of drill and blast designs and techniques;
- Short to medium term planning skills, accompanied by familiarity with current mine planning software;
- Proven commercial acumen and ability to support the project in commercial aspects as required;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks. Additionally you will be asked to provide proof of working rights in Australia i.e. copy of valid Australian passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current visa grant notification where applicable.
Macmahon offers its' people competitive remuneration package, a range of company benefits and discounts, ongoing training, development and career progression opportunities as well as ability to work in diverse roles across multiple local and international locations. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Flexible working arrangements and job sharing opportunities may be available for suitable candidates. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply .