With approximately 54,000 talented people globally and 6,100 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest mining and environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 mining professionals.The Opportunity
Our Brisbane-based Mine Engineering and Stability team are seeking a Mining Engineer to support the team. Utilise your open pit and/or underground experience as you develop your technical knowledge and experience on a range of challenging projects.
Work alongside leading industry experts who will mentor and guide you, and develop your career within an employee-owned professional consulting company.
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our Mining capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base. Engage in interesting, global projects while progressing in your career.
What we will love about you
- Mine design for open pit and/or underground mines, scheduling, optimisation, equipment selection and operating and capital cost estimates.
- Carry out technical work in support of technical due diligence reviews supporting mergers, acquisitions under the supervision of senior engineers;
- Assist in the preparation of tenders, proposals and reports for clients;
- Liaise with mining engineers, resource geologists, and specialists from other disciplines and offices within Golder;
- Undertake travel both domestically and internationally as required to support project work; and
- Provide safety leadership in identifying and alleviating/eliminating high priority safety hazards.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- You will be tertiary qualified with a bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering.
- Typically, 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- As this work is spread across both open pit and underground projects you will need to demonstrate experience in either or both of these areas.
- It is expected that you will have excellent communication skills, strong report writing skills and solid analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated experience in one of the industry accepted mine planning software packages will be highly regarded.
- Previous consulting experience will be highly regarded.
Forward Thinking Culture...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths and skills because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.