Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end-to-end service to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of civil work, surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Due to our ongoing growth, Macmahon is currently seeking enthusiastic and experienced people to join the team at the King of the Hills (KOTH) mine located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia, 28km north of Leonora. Macmahon has secured a five-year Surface and Underground mining contract with RED 5 Ltd. The mine anticipates annual production above 200kozpa. KOTH is Australia's next major Gold Mine, which will feature state-of-the-art technology, 85% new plant and brand-new camp facilities.
Macmahon is committed to attracting high potential employees and believe that our people define our competitive edge in the marketplace, driving our growth.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Mining Engineer to help develop this exciting brownfields project.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of daily and weekly mine plans
- Engage and liaise with the production team to achieve plan compliance
- Assist with drill & blast designs
- Progress claim preparation and budget & forecast development
- A strong focus and commitment to safety; and
- Provide project management leadership and/or act as the mining lead on studies and projects
- Liaise with contractors, vendors and other stakeholders on a technical level and present reports, publications and presentations in a professional manner
- Contribute to Mining Engineering and Estimating Community of Best Practice
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
To be considered for those roles, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role, accompanied by a tertiary degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- Mine Planning Software literate with experience preferably in Vulcan, Deswik and Spry.
- Previous exposure to hard rock open pit mining projects highly regarded
- Commitment to raising the profile of Macmahon technical capability, building trust and rapport with our clients.
- Examples where you have personally contributed to project improvement and team success.
- Track record of behaviour and attitude that enhances inclusion, teamwork and promotes harmony.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Dedicated lifestyle, financial and mental health support
- Salary sacrifice options for self-funded FIFO travel, airport parking or a car with a novated lease
- Access to a wide range of employee discounts
- Relocation and Visa assistance may be offered to suitable candidates
There is the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic, approachable and friendly team with future prospects within a well reputed organisation.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.