Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Currently we have an opportunity for a Mine Landform Engineer to join our Mine Environment team in our Brisbane or Newcastle office on full-time basis. You will be working on a variety of mine landform projects in Australia and the APAC region.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing final landforms for rehabilitation incorporating both traditional engineering linear designs and non-linear geomorphic designs.
- Assist with planning for closure and integrated life of mine designs;
- Undertake material characterization in terms of soils erodibility and suitability for use;
- Assist with hydraulic assessments of landform and river systems to understand and manage long term stability, and possible mitigation measures.
- Carry out projects under the general direction of senior engineers and consultants;
- Undertake data assessment and interpretation using Excel, curve fitting, and other applicable methods;
- Be able to work with GIS and other data interpretation tools such as Surfer
- Prepare technical deliverables such as proposals, reports, drawings and specifications under senior revi
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- A relevant qualification in Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with 3D modelling tools including at least one of Deswik, Civil 3D, Carlson, or 12D
- Hydrological background to be able to assist and understand geomorphic studies on landforms, river systems or related water driven work.
- Knowledge of Australian and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Solid report writing skills
- Experience (or willingness to learn) geomorphic based designs
- Previous consulting experience particularly in the field of landform design and optimization will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages - $70,000 to $90,000 per year
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500+ professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.