With approximately 55,000 talented people globally and 4,300 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
While we are a large global business, we aren't tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.The Opportunity
Due to exponential growth within our Mining Infrastructure & Delivery team, an exciting career opportunity has arisen for a Mid to Senior level Civil Engineer. Take your pick of either our Newcastle or Singleton office and join a team of industry experts.
This is great for anyone looking to develop their skills within a multi-disciplinary team who are focused on delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients across a range of market sectors.What you'll do:
What we'll love about you:
- Working within a team of engineers to manage and deliver a broad range of civil engineering projects, including mining infrastructure, roads, earthworks, dams and drainage work
- Meet with established and new clients to take briefs and work with them to develop scopes and solutions that address their needs and requirements
- Foster and develop graduate engineers technical and consulting skills
- Project and design management
- Supporting the wider Resources team and other teams within the company nationally when the opportunity presents
What you'll love about us
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- A Civil Engineer with broad skills across a range of civil design and engineering areas (roads, development, mining)
- Developing project management skills
- Experience completing civil designs using design software including 12D and AutoCAD. Experience in drainage design would be favourable.
- Extensive knowledge of civil design skills in the area of road design, water management infrastructure, mining sites other civil engineering services;
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities