About CitiPower & Powercor:
CitiPower and Powercor Australia are electricity distributors and supply power to more than one million Victorians. We own and manage the technology - poles, wires, meters and distributed technologies such as storage - that deliver electricity to homes and businesses within Melbourne’s CBD, its suburbs and across central and western Victoria.
About the Role:
ThePrinciple Design Engineeris a critical role within Powercor Network Services Design Group who is responsible for the technical leadership and development of the Secondary Design team, coupled with the accountability for the provision of scoping, leading design and estimating of station designs for internal and external clients.
In addition to this, this role is responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures with regard to distribution, sub-transmission and transmission assets.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide specialist engineering design and advice in relation to the design of zone and terminal substations, in accordance to the relevant standards, guidelines and requirements
- Monitor and review quality of network designs ensuring all designs consider ‘whole of asset lifecycle’ as part of the design process
- Develop and implement new and innovative design practices and ways to meet business needs by applying technical expertise and experience
- Ensure all relevant safety, technical, commercial and environmental factors are considered to ensure the optimal design outcome is achieved
- Develop and implement new and innovative design practices by applying technical expertise and experience and awareness of available technologies
- Develop ideas to enhance the capabilities of the Design Group and the company’s competitive position through understanding the market, customers and our competitors
- Assess the Design Group’s capabilities and identify opportunities as well as providing direction and support with regard to the technical development of the group
- Provide technicalexpertise and mentoring to design team members
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)
- Extensive design experience in the electrical utility industry
- Relevant industry experience and considered a leader in industry and accepted by peers outside the business because of industry knowledge and expertise.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and stakeholder negotiation skills
Your career with CitiPower and Powercor:
When you join our business, your work-life balance and career development are high priorities. We place emphasis on your development through diverse training programs, leadership courses and internal opportunities.
Some of our benefits:
- Exposure to industry leading practices within a strong and stable company
- A great incentives package including an annual performance bonus, health and fitness subsidy, salary packaging options and much more….
- A supportive team culture
If you possess the required skills and experience and you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity please submit your application by C.O.B Wednesday 19 September 2018
OUR VALUES:Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business
CitiPower and Powercor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia.