Boeing Aerostructures AUS PTY
AUS - Port Melbourne, Australia
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are currently looking for Mechatronics Engineer to join our team. The role will include the deployment, improvement and support of automated systems and processes. These include electronic and computer control systems, such as Robots and NC Machine Tools.
About the role
Some key responsibilities include:
- Timely support & resolution of production issues that arise with existing production equipment and processes. Guide and direct resources required to keep equipment and processes at an operational level. Identify and implement corrective actions.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve process cycle, quality and availability for complex production machines.
- Project management within the implementation of new automated production equipment as required and lead continues improvement for the assets through life cycle.
- Participate in formal systems design, product, process and certification reviews.
- Input into the manufacturing strategy and development of automation.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechatronic/Robotic Engineering
- Experience in the design and support of automated production environments
- Experience with robotic systems, machine tools and industrial systems
- Software development and cad / cam experience is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Strong mechanical 'hands on' background is desirable
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principles and practices
This is an award position classified as an Eng/Sci 2B. The successful candidate will be required to complete a 3-month probationary period.
Please note that applicants must have full Australian working rights.
If you are intrigued by the opportunity to shape the future of aerospace and composite structures in these dynamic roles, we welcome your application.
About our benefits
Our Engineering team is involved in research and development, structural design and manufacture of a range of Boeing aircraft components. The role offers the opportunity to work on some of the world's largest aerospace projects. Training and development along with an attractive remuneration package is on offer for those who meet our high performance standards.
Boeing Aerostructures Australia is Australia's leading designer and manufacturer of composite flight control Components for commercial aircraft. We are renowned for our collaborative and supportive working environment and for the incredibly high calibre of our people.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
Not an export control position
This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program
This position is not contingent upon program award
Non-SJC, Individual Contributor
Our Boeing Australia employers are committed to inclusive and flexible workplaces and encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, genders, disabilities and for veterans and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.