Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile, and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive, and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers' critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy's fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it's our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
NSM promotes diversity and alternate ways of working including part-time. About the role
In support of the Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) Asset Class Prime Contractor (ACPC) Program, the Mechanical Systems Engineer is responsible for providing specialist Systems Engineering during the development and execution of Engineering Design activities for the SEA 2048 Phase 6 (LHD Capability Assurance Program (CAP) project.
- Lead and contribute to a "Safety First" culture through leadership and participation in HSE activities and initiatives
- Act as the Systems Engineer and Mechanical Engineer SME for Platform related Engineering Upgrades
- Develop, review, and progress engineering project documentation (i.e. Scoping Documents/Project Implementation Plans)
- Actively participate in design reviews (i.e. SRR, SFR, PDR, CDR etc.) and technical workshops to champion achievement of Configuration Management baselines (i.e. NBL, RBL, FBL etc.)
- Conduct and co-ordinate internal reviews of engineering artefacts delivered for design reviews (i.e. SRR, SFR, PDR, CDR etc.) to ensure they satisfy contracted requirements and support the development of design approval documentation
- Engage and manage all stakeholders within the Technical Support Network (TSN) on matters affecting Mechanical Systems
- Review cost and schedule performance of contracted tasks
- Update technical, financial and schedule information for assigned projects
- Participate in technical working groups and design forums as requested
- Participate in System Safety Engineering and Hazard Analysis
- Conduct technical review of engineering deliverables
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Able to obtain Australian Government Defence Security Clearance
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering processes in line with EIA-632, MIL-STDC-499, or similar; and
- Knowledge and experience managing, designing, or implementing Engineering Change activities on a maritime platform.
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance to Negative Vetting - 1 level
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- No restrictions to access FOUO level or ITAR controlled material
- Experience developing systems and products within a regulated environment such as Aerospace and/or Defence
- Systems Engineering experience within an ASDEFCON environment
- Experience in Naval Technical Regulatory System and/or Defence Seaworthiness Management System (DSwMS)
- A sound understanding of project management and commercial processes
- Knowledge and experience with DOORS