Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Looking for a change? Want to make an impact?Start the New Year in a new role. Here at UGL, we have an exciting and challenging new opportunity to deliver innovation and improvements with our maintenance team at the ATOM Kwinana (Fuel) Terminal.
We are seeking a motivated and talented Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be the first on-site and support the maintenance delivery of the newly formed Terminal. This is a permanent position based at Kwinana WA.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for leading the maintenance program by providing technical expertise through working with a team of various disciplines, to provide a safe, reliable and an efficient maintenance program.
As part of our Oil & Gas portfolio, PEM&AM aims to become the market leader and choice for niche brownfields Asset Management and Project Delivery within the terminals space along East & West coasts.
If you are excited to contribute and be part of our integral team at ATOM Kwinana, we want you! APPLY Now! About the role
You will be responsible for leading the preventative and reactive based maintenance program for the ATOM Kwinana Fuel Terminal. This also includes meeting the agreed budget, implementing minor projects, improving the terminal asset reliability, implementing maintenance standards, testing, quality standards and commissioning support, as well as coordinating external engineering support where required.
- Provide for incident and injury free delivery of maintenance services to the Kwinana Terminal by delivering strong HSSE leadership.
- Review and plan maintenance works in accordance with the site maintenance plans or as guided by the Kwinana Maintenance Manager.
- Contribute to routine maintenance program, including inspections, preventative, predicative and corrective maintenance.
- Develop and implement improved maintenance practices to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of site maintenance.
- Develop tank turnaround program - Scoping and managing the delivery of tank Off-Stream Inspections
- Track performance of maintenance key metrics and drive continuous improvement to all work orders.
- Provide the site with troubleshooting support directly or by coordinating the input of engineering specialists.
- Application of appropriate asset management programs: PM, PMO, RCM, Spares Criticality Assessment, RCA, Bad Actor Management, Generation of Good Practice Guides, Generation of Work Training Guides.
- Responsible for the development of Kwinana terminal annual budgets for maintenance services and develop the 5 yearly strategic maintenance plans.
To be considered for the role the following qualifications will be highly regarded:
What we offer
- Tertiary Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Experience in maintenance business management
- AS9001 Quality Systems knowledge
- 8+ years' industry experience in maintenance and/or project implementation and commissioning for major resources sites within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or Chemical industries.
- Knowledge and exposure to mechanical equipment including pumps, piping, valves and hydrocarbon storage tanks.
- Experienced in implementing maintenance and inspection programs across multiple sites and the use Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Proven experience in leading a team across multiple sites and in managing Subcontractors.
- Contractor auditing experience
- Detailed knowledge of Australian & International codes and standards, good engineering practice and the applicable statutory requirements with respect to Mechanical systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships with other members of the specialist and regional teams both in project delivery, asset management and Terminal operations.
What makes you right for UGL
- Opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity - in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
Job Ref No: 245560