With approximately 50,500 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program, and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
While we are a large global business, we aren't tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.The Opportunity
Due to anticipated growth, we are currently looking to engage a Mechanical Engineer, Water and Wastewater Treatment
to join our growing national Water and Wastewater Treatment team in either Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne offices. What you'll do:
What we'll love about you
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary water and wastewater treatment team to successfully deliver projects.
- Contribute to the team by actively assisting colleagues in achieving improved client feedback results, and exceed client expectations.
- Manage the day-to-day tasks on multiple projects of varying complexity and size
- Produce concise high-quality technical documentation that effectively present complex information and results to technical and non-technical clients.
- Keep abreast of current water and wastewater treatment technology, apply State and Federal legislation and provide high technical expertise and innovation
- Undertake liaison with project stakeholders including clients and vendors.
- Provide technical contribution to proposals and/or pursuits.
- Participate in company development initiatives.
- Support and mentor staff, including active participation in the Mentoring Program.
- Active involvement in shaping the industry and events through committees, industry bodies, delivery papers etc.
This role is strategically important to our future growth and impact. We are looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, who is consultative, able to prioritize their work and get things done. The successful candidate will be a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders including influencing senior leaders.
What you'll love about us
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering, MIEAust or equivalent, CPEng, and RPEQ.
- Typically, 5-10 years' experience
- Experience in the Australian water industry with Water utilities focus is essential
- Experience working within an engineering consultancy.
- Your passion for learning and being an active part of a team
- Your technical skills across a broad range of areas within Water and/or Wastewater Treatment disciplines, including:
- Experience in mechanical design elements in Water and Wastewater treatment field
- Experience in the hydraulic design of water and wastewater systems, including closed conduit and/or open channel hydraulics, conveyance system design, and process piping detailing
- Hands-on experience in Mass Balance/Design basis/Equipment Sizing/PFD/P&ID/FDs.
- Experience in detailed design, equipment selection, and development of specifications applicable to water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Your focus on safety culture including experience in SiD, HAZOP and related safety in design practices and processes.
- Your oral and written communication skills including:
- ability to submit technical reports to a high standard requiring minimal correction; and provide final review of medium-sized project reports.
- consult with our clients in an effective and professional manner.
- communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, team members, and peers.
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity, and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds, and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.