About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment. About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
As the Mechanical Engineer Graduate for the West Gate Tunnel your main responsibility is to assist in the planning, support and reporting for the project.
Additional responsibilities will also include but not be limited to:
- Assist in a cross section of Corporate, Business Unit, Region and Project based activities to gain experience in parent company operations and project based areas
- Use established procedures, gather and correlate basic data and perform detailed or routine engineering duties
- Measure plan costs, efficiencies, yields and quality of product as directed
- Work with maintenance engineers, shift supervisors and foreman to improve maintenance procedures and plant equipment
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
- Relevant work experience in area of expertise as per University/course requirements, e.g. 90-120 days for Engineering
- Technical competency, understanding, experience or commitment to the area that wish to work in, e.g. construction experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management and Science etc
- Qualifications and training relevant to the Region, Business Unit or project
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.