About the role
The role of the Mechanical Engineer - Drainage Pump will be responsible for the following duties, which include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the production of design deliverables under direction from senior engineering staff and coordinate design effort with other engineering disciplines.
- Achieve engineering targets and objectives as assigned from the Design Management Plan.
- Provide input and be responsible for the production of Project Documentation.
- Actively participate in regular learning and development programs to continually enhance and further develop skills, capabilities and performance.
What we offer
- 4-year degree qualification to Bachelor status in Mechanical or Mechatronics engineering
- Experience with Hydraulic pumped systems highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks and simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
What makes you right for UGL
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity - in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.