Australia - New South Wales, Warabrook Job Summary
As the world's most trusted infrastructure consulting firm, we're committed to managing our business with the upmost responsibility and to always strive for better - reducing emissions, creating social value or diversifying our senior leadership and workforce.
We understand both the urgency of the challenges facing our society and our responsibility to respond in an impactful and enduring way. Armed with this consciousness, we're leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future, partnering with those who want to make a positive difference in the world.
Our Building + Places team in Newcastle are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer (HVAC) to grow our Building Services capability. This will be a technically focused role, where you will be supported by multidisciplinary engineers and professionals, while engaging and leading diverse technical projects and establish well-defined procedures. Working throughout the project lifecycle, we're one team driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world The Role:
As a Mechanical Engineer (HVAC) in our Building Services team, you will:
- Deliver HVAC design services and advice across a range of market sectors, including; Commercial, High Tech, Healthcare, Education and Defence;
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement;
- Support the team of Drafters and Engineers with internal and external client delivery;
- Grow your technical skills as part of an experienced team;
- Perform work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision;
- Assist in work planning and programming within the team.
As a successful Mechanical Engineer in the Newcastle Building Services team, you will have some of, or all the following attributes and skillsets:
- Proven knowledge and experience working within a technical design-focussed HVAC/ Mechanical Engineering role;
- Experience working for a Building Services Consultancy or have demonstrable design experience working as a Mechanical Engineer in a Contractor or State Government;
- Ability to manage project priorities and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders around key project dates;
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Australian Building Services projects and standards;
- Passion in Mechanical Engineering and a proactive interest in developing your career further in Building Services;
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical design documentation;
- Exceptional levels of written and oral communication.
- Knowledge or exposure to Camel or IES software, not essential but advantageous;
- Prior experience or understanding of Revit, not essential but advantageous.
What We Offer
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Engineering - Mechanical Business Line
Building Engineering Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.