Our South Queensland Region has an opening for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Buildings Group. Ongoing success in delivery coupled with an expanding portfolio of mechanical and sustainable buildings projects has created this rare and exciting career opportunity. Based in Brisbane, this role has great depth and will see you involved in:
What you will bring to the team?
- Providing high quality mechanical engineering design solutions for a wide variety of Building Services engineering projects across Defence, Buildings, and the Infrastructure sectors;
- Contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for projects;
- Providing creative solutions to fit the needs of our clients and communities;
- Provide design, documentation (concept, schematic and detailed design stages) and construction phase services of building services mechanical engineering projects;
- Cross discipline coordination on a variety of projects;
- Working with the latest 'BIM' techniques using a 3D and 2D REVIT platform; and
- Collaboratively working as part of a broader team within the buildings group.
- At least 5-7 years' experience in HVAC design/documentation and a sound understanding of current mechanical engineering technologies and standards;
- Good familiarity with relevant HVAC Codes and standards;
- A confident communicator, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical);
- RPEQ / CPEng (Or working towards);
- Proficiency with industry standard software (MS Office, Revit, AutoCAD, CAMEL); and
- Those with an understanding of BIM workflows and practices and Revit skills will be highly regarded, as will those with a working knowledge of IES and an understanding of sustainable design principles.
This role presents an ideal opportunity for a motivated n established-career Mechanical Engineer looking to capitalise on their exceptional technical knowledge and client-facing skills in order to drive their careers to the next level. Interested? Apply now
Contact Richard Lumb
P: 07 3316 4146
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.