With approximately 55,000 talented people globally and 6,400 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental and mining consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment and mining professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.
Early in 2022 we were recognised by Verdantix as the most sustainable company in the engineering industry and a leading ESG and Sustainability Consulting Firm ( Verdantix Benchmark Reveals Four Leaders In ESG & Sustainability Consulting ).
Our QLD Engineering team is seeking a Mechanical Engineer, based in Brisbane. Work within a multi-disciplined engineering team and deliver on a diverse range of infrastructure projects. Utilise your pumps, pipes and slurry experience.
What you'll do:
- Working in an established team of mechanical and process engineers within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver a diverse range of mine process and non-process infrastructure projects
- Manage and/or support multi-disciplined design teams to successfully deliver client requirements
- Mechanical engineering design for clients within various sectors
- Provide guidance and oversight to junior mechanical engineers
- Managing scope and budget development in response to client's needs
What we'll love about you:
- Typically, 5+ years detailed engineering experience in a consultancy and/or design role
- Proven technical experience in the design of pumping, pipelines, and piping systems
- Proven experience in lead design roles or design roles with high level of responsibility
- Ability to develop technical documentation such as P&ID's, general arrangements, detailed drawings, lists, schedules, reports and similar documents
- Ability to self-manage and forecast workload including ability to manage multiple project scopes simultaneously
What we will offer you:
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Parental Leave & Purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Wellness at Work & Social Club
- Employee Reward & Recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you want to have a confidential conversation about the role feel free to get in touch with Jeremy Olaivar on +61 404 447 410 or at Jeremy. Olaivar@wsp.com
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.