South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up.
We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine (Boddington), alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia's South West.
Come and Progress your career at Boddington Bauxite Mine (BBM) and be part of a can-do culture, where we can achieve anything together. About the role
Responsible for providing technical support to the mobile maintenance team to identify and deliver improvements to maintenance activities in the areas of reliability, cost optimisation, safety and productivity. Developing and monitoring mobile maintenance budgets and supporting implementing our newly developed technology roadmap.
This is offered as a full-time permanent opportunity based at the Worsley Boddington Bauxite Mine (BBM). BBM is in a fantastic region with many country towns in the region to choose from to call home. Enjoy fresh country air, open space of Boddington Shire, with great infrastructure, schooling, sporting clubs and a thriving community. The region is only 80 mins South of Perth and only 60 mins from the coast.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Develop and monitor mobile maintenance budgets and forecasts
- Analysis of maintenance data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Development reliability-based maintenance strategies for mobile equipment
- Review/ approve SAP master data change requests in line with maintenance strategies and content quality requirements
- Facilitate vendor reliability and service meetings, identify vendor and contract improvement opportunities
- Provide technical input into work instructions and ensure that these are accurately documented
- Support implementation of our newly developed technology roadmap
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- Minimum 2 years working within the mobile equipment maintenance area
- Working knowledge of mining technology desirable
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Relocation assistance and flexible work arrangements for the right candidate
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Superannuation matching
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.