Reporting to the Worsley Engineering Stewardship Superintendent the purpose of this role is to maintain the integrity of the Worsley Alumina Blueprint by providing specialised Mechanical Engineering technical expertise to the Operation and managing design, specification, scoping and engineering studies to ensure that plant modifications and upgrades are aligned to relevant engineering standards, basis of design and business needs.About South32
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa, and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.Location
This role will be based at our Worsley Refinery, where our employees choose to live in the Bunbury, Collie or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable country lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches, and world-famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in and out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour's drive of Collie. Accountabilities
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Review and action of engineering change management requests associated with modifications and project
- Provide business effective technical solutions to projects with strategic importance to business, such as long-term sustainability and material risk
- Provide guidance for long term asset retention strategies and initiate engineering studies to substantiate these strategies
- Provide assistance to the Capital Works team with both short-term and long-term planning for the capital portfolio
- Develop and maintain asset management plans for critical mechanical equipment across the entire South32 Worsley Alumina operation
- Contribute to maintaining and improving the relevant standards, specifications, procedures, and drawings which form the basis of design for the asset,
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance to engineering standards, statutory regulations, and risk management standards
- At least 5 years' experience predominantly in a technical capacity in mineral processing, oil and gas or power generation sector
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical engineering requirements in the context of a process plant and mine site
- Asset management
- Mechanical engineering design, inspection, problem-solving, remediation
- A strong understanding of Australian Standards and Regulations relating to mechanical engineering
- Project engineering
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technical/Specialist Skills Required
- Eligible for Chartered Membership of Engineers Australia
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Please note: This advertisement will close on the 13th January 2022 COVID-19 Vaccination requirement
In accordance with the Resources Industry Worker (Restrictions on Access) Directions issued by the Western Australian government, South32 must ensure that all persons who attend its Worsley Alumina operations on and from 1 December 2021 have received the first dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine, and on and from 1 January 2022 have received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. You acknowledge and agree that you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination status, which will be securely stored in accordance with Australian privacy legislation.