Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a number of Mechanical Engineers
in order to grow its Perth Mining and Mineral group, in a full time role based in the Perth CBD.
As a critical member of the team, you will assist in delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects. We require a Mechanical Engineer
and also a Senior Mechanical Engineer
in a secondment role to our client office.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution.
As a key part of the Wood team, you will be responsible for duties such as, but not limited to:
- Preparation of deliverables in accordance with customer and regulatory requirements
- The overall production of mechanical engineering deliverables such as specification, calculations, technical evaluations, reports and drawings
- Providing input into layout development
- Resolving technical issues, in a clear and concise manner
- Ensuring the correct and relevant information is disseminated to mechanical team (engineers and designers) and other disciplines, in a clear and concise manner
- Technical equipment package management, including the review and approval of vendor data
- Providing technical support across the business including to on-site construction, estimating, procurement and project departments
- Liaising with Clients
Skills / Qualifications
To be the ideal candidate, you will have an understanding of Mining and Minerals processing, with a minimum of four years of post-graduate experience. As part of this role, you can leverage off some of the industry's sharpest minds but you will join us with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects, a proactive nature, and willingness to learn. You will also have:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised institution
- Member of Engineers Australia, or willing to work toward membership
- Design experience in wet and/or dry mineral processing plants, preferable
- Site experience either in construction, commissioning or operations, preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve effectively and identify technical and safety based risks
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Ability to work to a time frame and deliver on budget
- Understanding of Australian and common International standards including regulatory authority requirements within the mining industry, preferable
- A commitment to HSE
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're a Mechanical Engineer, ready for a rewarding challenge, then Wood is keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc. com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.