We're inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.About Your Role
Employ Mechanical Engineering skills, knowledge and competencies, individually or as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to satisfy internal and external customer's expectations for services, products and deliverables, and support the achievement of project and business obligations.
- Understands the customer's needs and through life cycle concerns, whatever means are used (e.g. advanced studies, simulations, mock-ups, models, prototypes, etc.).
- Formalises mission / function description, architectural design and requirements
- Elaborates the specification and the engineering plans used to develop the solution / product.
- Assembles the solution / product elements in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behaviour, interactions and performance, and to confirm that the requirements against which the solution / product has been designed are fulfilled.
- Demonstrates that the solution / product satisfies the overall approved operational needs and that the product data package is ready for release to production and to operation and support.
Good to Know
- At least 2 years post graduate design and test experience.
- A good working knowledge of the engineering design and test process
- A good working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor CAD design package.
- A good working knowledge of drafting practice and relevant Australian standards
- Good communications skills (verbal and written), including the ability to prepare and present reports
- Must have good initiative and self-management and planning skills
You'll receive an email acknowledgement after you've applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit - http://www.defence. gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you'll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.