We are looking for an individual to lead our Victorian geotechnical engineering and geosciences team through an exciting period of major projects and growth. We currently have approximately 45 employees
in the group, comprising Geotechnical Engineers, Engineering Geologists, Geologists, Geophysicists, Hydrogeologists and Laboratory Technicians.
Our ideal candidate will be a skilled and experienced leader
with an ability to balance the technical delivery of a variety of ground engineering and geoscience projects including our soil testing laboratory with the operational requirements associated with running a safe and successful team across multiple office locations.
You will have built up strong connections
, principally within the Victorian industry and be able to drive business opportunities in emerging sectors. You must have a commitment to building strong technical authority with a client-led mindset. Working with our Operations Manager, multi-disciplinary leadership group and broader Geotechnical/ Geosciences business, this diverse position is your opportunity to lead a significant group of professionals within a global consultancy and will see you involved in:
What would you bring to the team?
- Developing and achieving business plan objectives and targets
- Training and investing in the development of your team from a diverse skill range
- Leading the technical and commercial direction on significant projects
- Identifying and delivering business opportunities for your group across a range of market sectors and clients including government, private and contractors
- Developing and growing GHD's presence and market share, with a primary focus in Victoria
- Leadership in the management of the Quality, HSE and compliance standards and promotion of continuous improvement in our systems and processes.
- Engaging and motivating people skills backed by strategic problem-solving capabilities
- A relevant Engineering or Science degree supported by 12+ years' relevant local industry experience (ideally including consultancy experience), delivering complex ground engineering projects.
- Commercially astute with strong project delivery experience, including providing support to Project Directors and Project Managers to deliver outstanding client experiences coupled with both technical and commercial performance on projects
- Passionately innovative, with a drive to continuously evolve the way we work to deliver successful outcomes for our clients
- High level market awareness and business development skills with a strong focus on client engagement and ideally a well-established network of relationships across potential clients
- You are a hardworking, supportive & motivating leader - able to get the best out of their team and comfortable with mentoring and technical supervisory responsibilities
- Strong communication and people management skills.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come. Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business. Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients. Interested? Apply now.
Contact Linda Graham
T +61 3 8687 8846
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.