It's atthe heart of everything we do - compelling us to solve the challenges betweenspace and below the waves. Working together with people from many backgrounds,personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries ofadvancement through science, technology and engineering.
The Linux Systems Integration Engineer
roleworks as part of the cyber engineering workforce, which integrates into the securecommunications product team. Working in an Agile development environment, thesuccessful candidate will have strong Linux, Networking and DevSecOps skillsand experience to assist with the development, delivery and support of ourproducts.
The rolewill involve, but not limited to, participating and contributing in the design,development, integration and through-life support of secure communicationsproducts and programs. Undertaking advanced Linux administration andengineering activities including automation, orchestration, and configurationof secure network services. Performing system and network security activitiessuch as log and data analysis, secure system implementation and defence in depth. Design and implementation of Linux based system security and networkfunctionality including data encryption and network isolation.
Thesuccessful candidate will work closely with project management, operations andcustomer stakeholders to maintain consistent product delivery and improvement,and will be a team player who contributes to the common goals of the team andbusiness area.QualificationsSkills,Experience and Qualifications required:
- Extensive relevant industry experience with advanced Linux, networking and DevOps skills
- Expert level Red Hat Linux Skills, advanced systems administration and command line experience
- Expert level Networking knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, network and data encryption (IPSec, Suite B, PKI) and network isolation (VLAN, VXLAN)
- Proficient in scripting languages (Shell / Python / Perl)
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably git. Experience with Gitlab / Jira and Atlassian tools
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Strong self-management skills
- Must be an Australian citizen and currently holds or be able to obtain an AGSVA clearance of NV1
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
- Hardening and securing of Linux systems including disk encryption and secure boot sequencing. Linux kernel configuration, compilation and patching
- Debug and diagnostics using strace, gdb, process trees
- Previous experience or familiarity with network gateway environments
- Previous experience working in Scrum teams
- Broad knowledge of Information Technology and Information Security practices, preferably working with Government CLASSIFIED data, infrastructure and security controls
Inreturn, you will have the opportunity to work for a world-leading defencesecurity company and the chance to further develop your skills and ability. Ourcompany recognises and rewards hard-work through a range of initiatives andincentives. We also offer career development and mentoring programs to help youfurther your career with Northrop Grumman. You will get the opportunity to workalongside some of the best and brightest in the industry. WhyNorthrop Grumman?
As we continue to grow as a company, we remain committed to maintaining thehighest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and becoming an idealcorporate citizen. We do so by implementing our core values: takingresponsibility for the quality we put forth, delivering customer satisfaction,demonstrating leadership as a company and as individuals, acting with integrityin all we do, valuing our people, and regarding our suppliers as essential teammembers. We focus on SAFETY - We work to protect the health and well-being ofour employees and to provide our customers with high-quality, reliable and safeproducts. We are committed to safe operations and are diligent in our safetypractices and processes.
We'll also offer...
- Professional Development Support - further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to online a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning, SkillSoft and Harvard Manage Mentor
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave
- Novated car leases
- Wellbeing Program
- Generous parental leave entitlements
- Employee Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
NorthropGrumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, andencourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply andconsider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal andTorres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.