At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers' most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.Job DescriptionYour New Role
This role is responsible for the design and build of multiple Red Hat Standard Operating Environments (SOEs) and supporting Satellite infrastructure to be deployed across multiple domains. This exciting position is in a close knit project delivery team with the aim to deliver a complex Platform as a Service (PaaS) built for multi-tenancy using the latest technologies and toolsets.
Your role as a Linux Redhat Engineer will include:
Due to the nature of the role we require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV2 security clearance.QualificationsAbout You and What You'll Bring
- Interpreting customer requirements to produce detailed design documentation required to build multiple Red Hat SOEs and Satellite environments
- Installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining Red Hat SOEs and supporting services
- Supporting the installation, configuration and upgrade of Linux hosted software tools including virtualization and application discovery tool-sets, and commercial user tools
- Setting up administrator and user accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
Working for Leidos, you will be required to work as part of a team but have the maturity to work autonomously. Your strong communication, interpersonal and technical skills will be key to establishing yourself with the customer and team.
Ideally you will have a strong working knowledge of the following technologies:
- RHEL Linux, SELinux, Ansible, Satellite
- Good Experience in CLI
- Experience in RHEL 7 (RHEL 8 Highly Regarded)
- Ansible tower, Elasticsearch, Atlassian tools
Highly Regarded Skills:
Additional InformationWhat You'll Love
- Sound understanding of networking and firewall or supporting network components including configuration of NSX and firewall configurations for Internal Gateway.
- VMware technology stack (vSAN, vRA, vROPS, vSphere, vCenter, NSX, veeam and Horizon)
At Leidos, we've built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.