Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Engineer
in our Mining & Minerals Asset Support division. Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities and continents. Join our team of likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
Wood's Asset Support business delivers integrated solutions to sustain, optimise and extend the life of operating production facilities. The core Asset Support services include brownfield projects, operation readiness, asset management and production improvement.
The key aspect of this role is to lead the mechanical discipline in the Asset support team, with the following key objectives:
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage Mechanical design section for specific projects to ensure that designs are in accordance with project input requirements and company objectives in a timely and cost effective manner
- Provide coaching & guidance to Engineers on the Project to increase technical competence of people, and knowledge of systems and procedures
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to Wood's Limited Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensuring that the quality of output of the Project Mechanical Design team is in line with the needs of the customer
- Providing technical direction to engineers, overview design quality, design schedules, design budgets and perform detailed review of critical aspects of projects
- Controling man-hour budgets for engineering and drafting on projects and recommend engagement of additional resources as required
- Conducting professional development for engineers and lead designers, act as a mentor for graduate engineers
- Motivating and obtaining commitment of design personnel to project QA/QC requirements, i.e. provide a fit for purpose design, on time and within budget
- Bachelor of Engineering from a recognised institution
- Eligibility for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Minimum of 10 years general engineering experience, with at least 7 years in the mining and metals processing field
- Experience with other disciplines including plant construction commissioning and operations
In this role, you will also have opportunity to build management skills that will allow you to step into the next phase of your career, including skills in building team capability, technical assurance, and business leadership.
To join this innovative team apply now!
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc. com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.