ABOUT THE COMPANY
We design and develop innovative control and shot recording technologies for the defence and law enforcement markets. Our programmable, push-button control technology enables soldiers to quickly and easily control their electronic devices while remaining “Head Up, Eyes on Target, Hands on Weapon”.
We are a member of the Kord Group, which also comprises KordUSA Inc and ShotDot Pty Ltd. We are headquartered in Canberra, Australia, and have offices in Stafford (Virginia) and Ogden (Utah) in the United States. Our world-leading Rifle Input Control (RIC) Technology is currently being developed and tested for use by military in Australia and the United States.
We work in partnership with local and overseas Industries to provide cost-effective and innovative technology solutions so that those on the frontline perform better and are kept safer.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking to appoint a diligent and highly motivated Firmware Engineer to take a role in developing firmware for embedded systems. We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and genuinely contribute to a growing innovative company.
Key duties include:
- Developing embedded applications in support of training and testing requirements;
- Maintaining, debugging, and improving existing code bases;
- Contributing to the design and documentation of software architecture and specifications;
- Contributing to the overall design and development of future products as well as internal tools, applications, and processes;
- Managing software version control and documentation;
- Testing and validating hardware and firmware;
- Working and liaising with subcontractors and end-users; and,
- Assisting in end-user trials and tests.
It is essential that the successful candidate has at least one year post-degree industry experience.
The candidate is expected to become an important member of the Kord Group Engineering Team and will play a key role in producing world-leading control technology that will improve soldier performance and potentially save their lives.
The position will give the candidate the opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic Team with strong prospects to further their career while taking a leading role in developing company products and contributing to the continuous improvement of internal engineering processes.
You will need to have a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and at least one year of relevant industry experience.
To be considered for the position you will also need to have:
- Experience and a high level of competence programming in C (essential);
- Experience with embedded systems development such as ARM (preferred) or AVR-based system development (essential);A basic understanding of electronics and the ability to interpret a circuit schematic (essential);
- Experience using industry standard embedded buses, particularly SPI, I2C and UART (essential);
- Experience controlling peripheral components such as an EEPROM, flash memory or RTC (essential);
- A high level of competence reading and understanding embedded component data sheets (essential);
- Experience with software version control tools and documentation (essential);
- Experience and a high level of competence programming in C++ (highly desirable)
- Experience working with BLE (highly desirable);
- Experience debugging embedded systems hardware (highly desirable);
- Experience with full-system testing and validation (highly desirable);
- A background in signal processing (desirable); and
- Experience using MATLAB (desirable).
To be considered for the position you will also require:
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- An ability to work cooperatively and productively in a team environment where there are competing work demands and tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and a capacity to think critically and innovatively;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly understand and adopt new technology;
- An ability to conduct rigorous code reviews and validate systems to ensure reliability of critical system components;
- A strong commitment to quality and delivery on time and within budget; and
- An ability to travel nationally and internationally, when required.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- References may be requested from applicants.
- In order to apply for this position, you must have the right to live and work in Australia.
- You must also be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (if required).
- Kord Defence is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- To find out more about Kord Defence and the Kord Group please visit our website www.kord.business
- If you are successful, we promise that you will get to work in a great company, with smart and friendly people who are developing world-leading technologies in an exciting and developing area. We have an inclusive and social culture and would value your ideas and contributions.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with your level of experience will be negotiated, based on a 2-year contract – with the option for extension.
- You will also receive excellent staff entitlements including: 20 days’ annual leave, free parking, and access to the Company’s Employee Share Scheme.
- Support with relocation may be provided, depending on the individual and circumstances.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
- We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this position prior to the closing date of applications.
- Kord Defence encourages the submission of applications as soon as possible.
- Call Amanda Uren, Office Manager, if you have questions regarding this role (02) 5100 5043 (or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applications must include both a cover letter and up-to-date resume.