Description:About Boeing: Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.The Organisation -
Boeing Defence Australia's Aerospace Engineering & Production Capability provides a range of modification, production, repair and continuing airworthiness services to support Defence's Boeing-managed aircraft fleets and complex communication systems. We work hand-in-hand with our customers to develop and deliver critical capabilities to support their mission now and into the future.The Opportunity -
We are seeking an Industrial Engineer
to join our team supporting the cutting edge Airpower Teaming System (ATS). In this role you will facilitate the development of the ATS production system design. We are looking for someone who will embrace our company's behaviours and is willing to innovate.
Boeing is taking another bold step in aerospace and advanced manufacturing. ATS is the first military aircraft to be designed, engineered and manufactured in Australia in more than 50 years. The first aircraft prototype, called the Loyal Wingman, was unveiled with the Royal Australian Air Force in May last year. This unmanned teaming aircraft is Boeing's first military aircraft to be designed and developed outside the U.S and uses artificial intelligence to extend the capabilities of manned and unmanned platforms. This cutting edge project is aiming to unlock global defence and aerospace opportunities for Boeing and Queensland.
This role is based in Brisbane.In this role you will:
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, production standards, and process capacity.
- Observe and monitor the general flow of operations and sense where problems will arise.
- Design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organisation charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Recommend methods for improving utilisation of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Supporting management of Operations to meet and exceed business and production operation plans related to Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Morale.
- Have experience in Manufacturing including Safety and Lean principals is essential.
- Have Tertiary qualifications in engineering or equivalent technical experience in a relevant discipline.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.About Us -
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.Culture -
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.Benefits -
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.