Improvement Project Engineer - Mining About the business
Pit N Portal based in Western Australia provides whole-of-mine solutions to the mining industry. Now a wholly owned subsidiary of the ASX listed Emeco Group (EHL) with branch locations in Perth and Kalgoorlie, Pit N Portal is fast-growing and provides comprehensive mining and equipment services to our valued clients.
Pit N Portal provides its clients with operational expertise, equipment and a skilled mining team for both open pit and underground operations. From short term dry hire, through to full-service contract mining, PNP is flexible, which is a strong distinguishing feature of its service provision. Such versatility allows clients the option to 'pick and choose' relevant services while maintaining project control. The opportunity
Due to expansion, we are seeking an appropriately qualified Improvement Projects Engineer - Mining to join our Perth based team. This position is permanent, fulltime with the occasional requirement for site work.
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, the successful applicant will report work closely with the corporate and operational team, to assist with identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, technical mining support, and integrate with the client technical services department. The successful candidate will have the prospect of:
What you can expect from us
- trading weekly schedules, stope designs and drill / charge plans for unique projects;
- championing innovative solutions including technology that can improve productivity and reduce costs maximising return for stakeholders;
- challenging the status quo with data driven insights
The successful candidate can expect:
What we will expect from you
- Exposure to both surface and underground mining methods in different commodities;
- The chance to define your career progression to suit your personal goals;
- Access to professional development activities and educational assistance;
- Competitive salary and options for salary sacrificing;
- An alternative lifestyle to FIFO and office location that avoids the rush into the CBD
How to Apply
- Behaviour consistent with Pit N Portal's Values;
- Current unencumbered West Australian 'C' Class Driver's Licence;
- A Mining Engineering qualification with experience working at underground operations
- Surface mining experience and qualifications in other mining related disciplines will be considered or
- Proven experience in the identification and implementation of business improvement opportunities
- Application of your technical capacity towards the planning, design, execution and management of capital and improvement projects;
- Interacting with stakeholders to identify and define areas for improvement, conducting benchmarking and theoretical analytics to support the identification of solutions to optimise business performance;
- Review of mine plans and schedules to identify areas of improvement and optimisation;
- Processing and verifying the integrity of data used in benchmarking, economic evaluation modelling and data visualisations/dashboards
- Competency in mine design and scheduling software
- Commercial acumen relevant to the role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple tasks
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team
- Ability to supervise, lead, assess and educate site personnel as required.
- Intermediate-level of proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
Shortlisting will begin immediately, so apply via the link (beside this ad), completing the application form with your resume (including any relevant qualification / certificates / licenses / tickets), demonstrating your experience and its relation to the criteria above. If you have any questions in relation to this role, please contact Ashleigh on 0429 113 069.
Pit N Portal Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.