EL2 (S&T Level 7)
$142,470 - $160,330 (plus super)
Russell, ACT. Edinburgh, SA.
Cyber and Electronic Warfare Division is seeking Group Leaders with a national or international reputation in the following Science and Technology (S&T) areas:
- Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare
- Electro-Optic Electronic Warfare
- Communications Electronic Warfare
- Wireless Protocols
- Crypto Mathematics Research
- Survivable Networks
The successful applicant of each position will report to the relevant Research Leader and:
- Have a national or international reputation in a specific field of S&T, and considerable experience, awareness and knowledge across a range of S&T applied to Defence;
- Inspire and motivate a team of scientists, engineers and technicians;
- Initiate research and generate new knowledge to produce enhanced Defence Capability;
- Provide supervision of senior staff and create a motivating and collaborative culture to ensure that all the staff can make effective contributions to the output of the Science and Technology Capability (STC);
- Lead a complex area of S&T by providing the vision, guidance, direction and collaboration necessary to ensure that the capability can be most effectively harnessed to deliver agreed outputs to Defence;
- Be able to select the best scientific method to achieve Defence outcomes, and to review the S&T quality of reports and publications prepared by staff in the STC;
- Forecast future Defence problems, initiate research and generate new knowledge to produce enhanced Defence capability;
- Be accountable for the development and sustainment of the quality of the S&T work;
- Understand client priorities and associated requirements, and transpose these into a well-planned set of S&T activities;
- Ensure that the STC’s resources are applied to agreed priority activities to achieve milestones and report outcomes to appropriate clients on a regular basis;
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust the work plan as circumstances change;
- Facilitate the creation of cross-STC/MSTC and cross-Divisional teams, and develop and maintain appropriate external linkages to industry, universities and overseas organisations; and
- Take an active role in the development and mentoring of staff to assist with career development.
DST is an inclusive employer, committed to diversity and equity in the work place. At DST, you will enjoy Australian Public Service conditions which include an attractive salary package and flexible, family-friendly working arrangements. Our staff have access to flexible working hours with opportunities for part-time and home-based work.
Defence provides a superannuation contribution of 15.4 per cent, higher than most industries, with the opportunity for you to make additional personal contributions.
Application Closing Date: Friday 24 January, 2020.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DST/04551/19 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers.