About the company:
BMD is a privately owned national construction company operating a fully integrated civil infrastructure group with over 40 years’ experience. Join the largest urban development contractor in Australia to deliver minor infrastructure upgrades, residential and commercial land development.
The BMD Group of companies has a team of 1,700 people and operates a flat management structure which results in quick and effective decision making and close interaction with senior leadership.
At BMD, our business is our people. We pride ourselves on our family culture which sees our people build long-term careers with us. We are committed to hiring and developing the industry’s best. Join our family where you are valued, supported and empowered to contribute, and where high performance and innovation is encouraged.
About the role
Due to significant growth in our North Queensland Urban business we are looking to hire and develop the industry’s best. This is a permanent career opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineer looking for mentoring and ongoing career progression.
- Support the implementation of the Project Quality, OH&S and Environmental Management Plans on the project.
- Assist in monitoring and updating the construction programme on a regular basis.
- Together with the purchasing staff ensure that materials are procured in advance of the requirements of the construction programme in all projects.
- Together with the site staff review and process subcontractor progress payments on a monthly basis and advise administration in accordance with monthly reporting requirements.
- Together with the site engineering and supervisory staff prepare and submit monthly progress claim for works completed on all projects.
- Together with the site engineer and supervisory staff monitor and assist in submitting variations, extensions of time and delays to the works on a daily basis.
- Together with the site Foreman monitor daily work activities for production and effectiveness of resources and implement improvements with respect to activity costs.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Any prior experience in the civil construction industry will be highly regarded.
- Absolute commitment to health, safety, environment and quality policies and procedures, embracing BMD's commitment to Zero Harm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Confident in the use of Microsoft office suit. Any experience in using Microsoft Project or similar programs will be highly regarded.
N.B. Prior experience in the Civil construction industry will be highly regarded, including work experience, voluntary placements.
What we offer:
The career progression and professional development opportunities of a large tier one company, with the flat management structure and relationship based approach of a small family owned business.
- A workplace that believes Zero Harm is achievable and continuously strives to reach this goal.
- Discounted corporate health insurance and access to a dedicated employee assistance program.
- Opportunity to take a more active role in achieving overall wellness through BMD’s Good Health and Wellbeing program.
- BMD recognises the importance of diversity and embraces differences as an equal opportunity employer providing a flexible and inclusive workplace that rewards high performance and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
To find out more about BMD or to explore other opportunities visit www.bmd.com.au.
Due to the high volume of applications and enquiries, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
No agency submissions will be accepted.