- Opportunity to work on top-tier projects
- Develop your career in a first-class environment
- Join our growing Geotechnical & Tunnels group
With approximately 6,100 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Geotechnical Engineers
across all levels to join our Brisbane office. This is a challenging role that will see you deliver innovative and effective technical solutions to both internal and external clients.
You will be part of our accomplished Geotechnical and Tunnels section and will work alongside our established team of Geotechnical and Tunnelling technical experts, assisting in bidding and delivering successful projects. Your role will also be well supported across our business, with skilled resources in other sections.
Your technical expertise will be deployed across projects in the transport, power, water, mining, property and government sectors to continue the growth of an already successful and reputable capability.
Some of the key projects we have delivered nationally include:
What you will do
- Inland Rail
- Kangaroo Point Bridge
- Queen's Wharf
What we will love about you
- Design, undertake and manage geotechnical investigation projects from proposal preparation to fieldwork, and then undertake analysis and reporting
- Use your investigation and design skills to contribute to geotechnical and multidisciplinary projects across the sectors in which we operate
- Drive business development through successful delivery of your projects
- Assist with project planning and deliverables of technical complexity
- Promote a safe working culture by identifying and eliminating safety hazards
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- A civil engineering or engineering geology degree
- 0 to 10 years' experience in geotechnical engineering (local experience preferred)
- A successful track record in undertaking and managing field investigations for small to large size geotechnical projects
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of written technical reports and client communications
- Demonstrated experience in geotechnical design
- A strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.