WSP has recently entered into an agreement to acquire global environmental and earth science consultancy, Golder.
Together WSP and Golder we have 54,000 people across the world. In Australia we have more than 4,000 people and with our substantial, combined New Zealand presence of almost 2,100, we are the largest engineering and professional services consulting firm across ANZ.
WSP and Golder are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international expertise. We employ technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program, project and construction management professionals.
In regards to our geotechnical services, two strong firms become even stronger, opening opportunities for our people and for our clients.Your Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer
to join our Sydney
office. This is a challenging role that will see you deliver innovative and effective technical solutions to both internal and external clients.
You will be part of our accomplished Geotechnical and Tunnels section and will work alongside our established team of technical experts, assisting in bidding and delivering successful projects. Your role will also be well supported across our business, with skilled resources in other sections.
Your technical expertise will be deployed across projects in the transport, power, water, mining, property and Government sectors to continue the growth of an already successful and reputable capability.
- Design, undertake and manage geotechnical investigation projects from proposal preparation to fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Use your investigation and design skills to contribute to geotechnical and multidisciplinary projects across the sectors in which we operate
- Work closely with the transport team throughout project delivery
- Drive business development through successful delivery of your projects
- Promote a safe working culture by identifying and eliminating safety hazards
WSP encourages and supports ongoing personal and professional development. To be successful in this position it is anticipated that you will possess the following qualifications / requirements:
Working benefits at WSP:
- 2 - 5 years' experience in geotechnical engineering (local experience preferred)
- A successful track record in undertaking and managing field investigations for small to large size geotechnical projects
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of written technical reports and client communications
- Demonstrated experience in geotechnical design
- A civil engineering or engineering geology degree
- Post graduate qualifications in a geotechnical related field will be considered favourably
- A strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
We are proud to be one of the world's leading engineering professional services consultancies; certified as a 'Great Place to Work' and recognised as a 2018-19 WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- A global network to draw upon for resources and support
- The opportunity to work on the nation's most exciting projects
- Personalised career growth and skills development
- A suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- An organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Professional memberships
- Mentoring and career development programs
- Study assistance
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.