Our Northern NSW Region is currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist
with the opportunity based in either our Newcastle or Central Coast Office.
Utilising your skills and experience (1 to 5 years), you will support a variety of projects from small site investigations to large multidisciplinary projects such as road and rail infrastructure, water and tailings dams, mine subsidence assessment, slope stability and remediation, utilities infrastructure and building developments.
Our Geotechnics Team support the NNSW region, comprising offices in Newcastle, Central Coast, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Singleton, Tamworth, and Orange. We work closely with our geotechnics colleagues in Sydney and around Australia to facilitate project resourcing and on the job training. Key responsibilities will see you:
What would you bring to the team:
- Planning, organising and undertaking field work activities for geotechnical site investigations including mapping, test pitting, borehole drilling, in-situ testing and sampling.
- Undertaking and assisting in geotechnical assessment and report including for underground utilities, road and rail pavement, foundation design, slope stability assessment and design, mine subsidence, dams and buildings.
- Contributing and gaining exposure to the project life cycle with input into scoping, coordinating activities, undertaking investigations, data processing, analysis, technical report writing and project management.
Interested? Apply online now by submitting your CV and Cover Letter
- Tertiary qualification in civil engineering or earth sciences
- A valid driver's license (minimum P1)
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in the field (both remote and interstate)
- Willingness to learn and experience new opportunities within a multidisciplinary organisation
- Intermediate computer skills with demonstrated experience in the utilisation of Microsoft Office
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.