Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve-because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Support project managers/group manager by providing technical expertise in geotechnical engineering / engineering geology. Ensure that project outcomes in terms of profit, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and Stantec expectations.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• tUndertake a range of duties in carrying out designs and studies for civil/geotechnical engineering projects to provide high level technical service to internal and external clients
• tConduct site surveys, field investigations and feasibility studies for proposed projects
• tManage subcontractors and tasks within projects to ensure on time and on budget delivery of project outcomes
• tProduce calculations, specifications and drawings to ensure that technical design will provide the appropriate solution
• tMaintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required
• tContribute to proposal and bid development to support business development activities, including preparing proposal material as required
• tComplete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality, Safety & Environment Systems and Project Quality Procedures
• tMinimise and control risk by commitment to the Stantec Quality, Health & Safety programmes and ensuring proactive use of our project management systems
• tOther duties as reasonably required
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• tTertiary qualification in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering (or equivalent)
• t3-8 years' professional experience in a commercial consulting or engineering environment (after completion of graduate education)
• tSolid foundation of technical knowledge on standard processes and procedures in relevant technical field
• tExcellent organisation and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
• tAdvanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn new systems easily
• tWell-developed interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist
Tertiary qualification in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering (or equivalent)
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!