At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you. Role description:
With the growing pipeline of work in our Mobility business, we are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to be part of our Geotechnical Team in Sydney. Your role will include: Role accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Delivering geotechnical analysis and designs;
- Working in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design;
- Managing the production drawings and preparing technical reports;
- Managing geotechnical design packages, taking responsibility for the program, technical quality and delivery;
- Undertaking site investigations and inspections to ensure project compliance;
- Providing junior members of the team with technical guidance on geotechnical design and analysis matters
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
You will come to us with:
Why Become an Arcadian?
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline;
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the geotechnical industry;
- Demonstrated site investigation experience;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a design consultancy environment;
- High-level proficiency in the use of geotechnical analysis and design software is desirable;
- Experience on projects for RMS, TfNSW, Sydney Trains or their interstate equivalents;
- Experience in the design of structural foundations, soft soil stabilization measures, embankments and slope stabilization measures, excavation retention systems and soil structure interaction is preferable;
- Excellent client-focus and the ability to delivery to client needs;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills:
- Proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships, both with clients and team members; and
- Demonstrated ability to lead geotechnical teams, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills.
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030. Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Transform Your World