With approximately 54,000 talented people globally and 6,100 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base.
As a result of this growth and an increased demand for services in the Mine Engineering and Stability sector, we are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join any of our offices in Newcastle, Brisbane or Perth.
This is a great career opportunity to join a national team who are focused on delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients across a range of market sectors. In particular providing innovative solutions to the mining industry to assist our clients with the transition to future-ready mine engineering practices.What you will do
What we will love about you
- Supporting open pit and underground geotechnical mine design;
- Performing geotechnical investigations, analysis and design of open pit and underground mines for a range of commodities;
- Performing data analysis and reviews;
- Undertaking stability analyses for open pit and underground mine designs;
- Undertaking engineering geology assessments and desk study reviews;
- Supporting field work programs;
- Providing technical support to geotechnical and geological engineers; and
- Support technical deliverables including proposals and reports.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Bachelor of Civil/Mining Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree in Geology or related discipline. A post graduate degree in Geotechnical engineering or Engineering geology is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in Vulcan, Leapfrog, Surpac or Datamine highly desirable.
- Numerical modelling (e.g. Slide, SWedge, RocPlane etc) and coding experience (e.g. Python) will be highly regarded
- Experience within a mining environment will be highly regarded
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team of professionals
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.