Australia - Western Australia, PerthJob Summary
AECOM's is looking for a Professional Geotechnical Engineer with design consulting experience to join our Perth team. This role provides an exciting opportunity for you to develop your career and technical skills, whilst being involved in a range of geotechnical projects within WA, across Australia or New Zealand, with potential to work on other international projects.
As a valued member of the Perth team, you will have the chance to be involved in projects from the earliest stages of ground investigation, design and all the way through to the construction stage. You will provide support to internal and external clients on a broad range of engineering projects from major infrastructure projects through to local authority and energy-related projects.
Some of your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking desktop studies, site reconnaissance and investigations including: scoping, supervising, logging, mapping, interpretation of GI data, derivation of design parameters and production of Factual and Interpretative Reports.
- Management of site investigations and sub-contractors.
- Geotechnical Analysis and Design including: slope stability, design of foundations, retaining walls, settlement assessment and other geotechnical elements.
- This role may also assist in preparation of tenders and proposals and attend meetings with contractors and clients, both external and internal and work on multi-disciplinary project design teams.
Your demonstrated experience working in a Design Consultancy will enable you to immediately contribute to the geotechnical team. However, ongoing personal development is a major driver of the AECOM business. AECOM provides support and mentoring locally and from the greater ANZ business to ensure our staff develop the skills and experience necessary to meet and exceed our client's expectations.Minimum Requirements
- Relevant 3-6 years professional experience in a similar role
- Experience in site investigation, design and construction
- Experience working in a consulting environment with demonstrated ability to collaborate with clients, internal team members, multi-disciplinary teams and field personnel.
- Willingness to travel for work, including sites within WA (usually single-day or short trips)
- Demonstrated high proficiency in use of MS Office Packages
- Detailed geotechnical design including foundations, retaining walls and slope stability assessments
- Experience in earthworks design and specification
- Experience in geotechnical software (e.g. gINT, Geostudio, Rocscience, GRLweap, etc). Experiences in numerical analysis will be an advantage.
- Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams with innovative approach in solving engineering problems
- A current WA driver's license.
What We Offer
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional institution. Obtained or working towards Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or equivalent (preferable).
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Water - WastewaterBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.