Australia - Victoria, MelbourneJob SummaryAbout AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
AECOM is playing an influential role in the development and delivery of a large portfolio of key infrastructure programs and projects locally and globally. These includes projects in the rail, roads, aviation, urban development, renewable energy as well as defence markets.
As the infrastructure pipeline in South Eastern Australia continues to grow we are seeking applications for a number roles to grow our Ground Engineering and Tunnelling team in Melbourne to support existing projects and pursue the exciting opportunities ahead. The Ground Engineering and Tunnelling team in Melbourne is involved in a variety of technically challenging projects and has industry leaders collaboratively delivering strong technical solutions for our clientsJob Summary
We have opportunities for professional (5+yrs experience) to principal (15+ experience) level geotechnical engineers / engineering geologists to join the team and help us deliver the exiting projects.
These permanent roles will give you the opportunity to further develop your career and technical skills. To be successful, you will have a proven track record delivering technical projects and be conversant with standards applying to civil and building projects in Australia. We are looking for a team player with good skills, knowledge, and experience in the fundamentals of geotechnical engineering.
As a valued member of the Melbourne Ground Engineering and Tunnelling team, you will be involved in projects from the earliest stages of planning, ground investigation, design, and all the way through to construction phase services. Your demonstrated experience in design consultancy and strong technical capability will enable you to deliver geotechnical designs from options-analysis through to detailed design. As an experienced practitioner, you will play an active role in winning and delivering projects, as well as mentoring more junior engineers.Minimum RequirementsKey Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing engineering services proposals, cost estimates, and schedules
- Preparing Project Work Plans and Health and Safety Plans
- Providing technical support to geotechnical projects
- Overseeing and preparing engineering reports and documentation
- Assisting in the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects for an array of local, national, and international clients.
- Managing projects, planning, developing schedules, co-ordination and direct to meet programme.
- Effectively manage internal and external client relationships and expectations.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Broad experience with various geotechnical aspects on a variate of heavy civil projects.
- Ability to plan, execute, document, and manage projects.
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering including, but not limited to design of shallow and deep foundations, earthworks, ground retention
- Working knowledge of relevant Australian and International standards as well as local road and rail authority standards and specifications.
- Ability to interface with clients to champion the AECOM value proposition to business.
- Working knowledge of specialist geotechnical software such as PLAXIS, gINT and Rocscience suite.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of CAD and GIS is an advantage.
What We Offer
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering / Engineering Geology (or equivalent).
- Post-graduate qualifications (highly valued).
- Membership of Engineers Australia and working towards or preferably CPEng.
- Experience working in a consultancy and local knowledge of the Victorian market preferable
- Valid Australian driving licence
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - GeotechnicalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.