... we showed you how we're solving the world's greatest challenges by transforming intangible ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world?
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomises the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow. About the opportunity
The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
The pipeline of exciting infrastructure projects in NSW is very strong, and Jacobs is well positioned to deliver a number of these projects. To support these projects, our Sydney Tunnel and Ground Engineering (TGE) Team has new opportunity for a Principal and/or Senior Associate Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist who is skilled and motivated for Geotechnical Design Leadership on infrastructure projects. Reporting to our Section Leader - Tunnel & Ground Engineering, this role will require you to be a senior member of the geotechnics practice taking on a key role as well as providing support and input to other parts of the business as required.
The purpose of this role is to provide Geotechnical leadership on large design and construct infrastructure projects and government design projects, where you would interact with contractors, government, multidiscipline design teams, while managing a team delivering ground interpretation, geotechnical analyses/design, contamination and groundwater design packages. The role will require leadership skills and an expertise in either ground interpretation and/or geotechnical design and analysis of infrastructure projects.
The role also involves technical leadership across TGE projects generally, maintaining existing client relationships and the development of new relationships and market opportunities. As a senior technical staff member, you would assist in managing Jacobs risks on large transport/infrastructure projects, while also looking for opportunities to enhance projects for Jacobs and the client with innovations and alternative designs.
Supporting you in this design leadership role is a global network of technical experts who form part of Jacobs' 850 strong, tunnel and ground engineering group, including over 300 TGE staff within our local APAC region. About you
As a senior member of staff, you will have responsibility for full management of one or a number of geotechnical projects including design of geotechnical issues, technical report writing, managing geotechnical works for both designers and contractors. You will also control project costs and ensure deadlines are met and work is completed to a high-quality standard.
Key requirements for the role:
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Relevant undergraduate degree in engineering or geology as a minimum, with preferably post-graduate studies in geotechnical engineering and/or engineering geology
- Chartered Professional Engineer or Engineering Geologist
- Experience in leadership and working in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience and strong understanding of ground interpretation and geotechnical analysis and design. Experience can include mining, tunnelling, slope risk assessment, dam engineering and associated infrastructure (earthworks, foundations, retention systems, slope stability, geological modelling, material parameter development, consolidation and settlement) projects
- Strong experience predominantly in the field of geotechnical engineering and engineering geology
- Good understanding of relevant geotechnical standards and design software within areas of expertise
- Sound interpersonal and technical management skills, demonstrated ability to lead a group of geotechnical engineers and other scientists in delivering solutions
- Positive track record in client management and development in consulting. Ability to build & maintain strong client & team relationships
- Experience in planning and execution of projects and strategies to achieve business goals
- A strong knowledge of the Australian marketplace, in particular industry and major Clients / delivery partners
- Ability to develop a proven track record as an industry leader within the area of your specialist expertise.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Should you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Kay Hamilton, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner - ANZ Transport on +61 3 8668 6399 or email kay.hamilton@jacobs. com
AU Sydney - 177 Pacific Highway, Level 7, 177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, 2060Capabilities:
Geotechnical and Tunnel