Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus, diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the development of new therapeutics and vaccines.About Thermo Fisher Scientific, ANZ
Our growing team of 1200+ employees work together to deliver world-class science products and solutions to a wide range of key markets. With commercial, manufacturing and distribution sites across Australia and New Zealand, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Adelaide, Newcastle, and Perth, our scope covers life sciences; specialty diagnostics; food, dairy & beverage; environmental & industrial; healthcare and analytical instruments including commercial, customer service, technical service, supply chain, finance and operations.How will you make an impact?
We have an exciting role for a field Service engineer to join our team.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will make your mark by supporting our customers with installation, maintenance and support as well as leading training for these instruments of Thermo Fisher Scientific's range of IC/LC/LCMS instruments in a professional, reliable and customer-orientated manner.
You will be active in fostering long term, solid customer relationships based on service excellence, strong product knowledge and a sound understanding of our customers' business. You can work well autonomously, have great problem-solving skills as well as make a positive impact.
This is a fulltime permanent position,based in Adelaide with ability to travel required.What will you do?
Key Responsibilities on a day to day basis would include but are not limited to:
How will you get here?
- Providing installation and onsite scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs of Thermo Scientific's range of IC, LC & MS instruments in a professional, reliable and customer-orientated manner.
- Delivering ongoing customer training and technical support both in person and remotely
- Contributing to operational and strategic business plans by advising on contract requirements, installations and overseeing equipment commissioning and maintenance schedules
- Proactively resolving field issues via internal escalation process, liaising with ANZ, APJ and Global Service Specialists as required
- Working with Service Operations staff to effectively manage field service activities and complete administration requirements to support the business. Perform to designated goals of customer call back, on-site response, time to resolution and customer expectations
- Performing Work in accordance with all relevant certification procedures and regulatory requirements such as NATA, ISO, Electrical Safety and EH&S.
- Be available to assist with occasional after-hours work if required
- Actively seek out new opportunities to grow service and sales revenue to meet and exceeded regional budgets.
- Work closely with Commercial and Marketing teams to ensure that customer needs are met, and Company products are positioned correctly and effectively supported in the market
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by senior management.
What's in it for you?
- You hold a qualification in a Science/ electronic / mechanical discipline.
- 3-5 years proven experience within the scientific or diagnostic market and/or familiarity with scientific/diagnostic instrumentation .
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Microsoft office.
- Organisational skills with an ability to prioritise manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- A dedication and commitment towards displaying a professional and positive attitude to work.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximize business opportunities.
- An initiative taker who has the ability to work autonomously, and has an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude while being a supportive team player.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A competitive salary
- Access to Thermo Fisher's global University
- Exposure to market leading & cutting edge technologies
- Career development opportunities as part of a leading global organisation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.