This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives-where your purpose accelerates our mission.
What You'll Be Doing
Through efficiency, innovation, value and a safer healthcare environment, our Renal division has experienced continued success, being market leader in Renal Therapies across Australia and New Zealand.
We are currently looking for a dedicated Field Service Engineer to join our Technical Services Team in the Northern Territory.
Based in Darwin this will be a 12 months' fixed term role with a potential to extend and would be an ideal fit for a Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical engineer with a passion for technical support and customer service.
The Role- Field Service Engineer
This is a critical area of the business and as such, we are looking for high performers with a breadth of experience who can demonstrate the following:
- Installation, repair and testing of medical equipment
- Planning and executing annual maintenance programmes for a variety of hardware
- Provide trouble shooting technical support to customers
- Accurate reporting of service details
- Identify and communicate repair trends
- Professional personal presentation
- Excellent customer focus and relationship building
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong written and oral communication skill
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical College or University Certificate, Diploma or Degree.
- At least 2 years' relevant experience in similar role.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Minimum basic skill level in MS Office applications
- Intermediate level IT skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and a team player, with a drive and determination to succeed.
- EST practising license preferred
- Trade level certification in Electrical Australia or New Zealand relevant standards.
- Strong attention to detail
- Current Working with Children Check Number
Applicants with proven electronics/electrical/mechanical or technical experience and computer competency will be considered. Full current driver's license is essential, and a car allowance will be provided.
Apply today and experience a career that matters!
At Baxter ANZ, we are focused on being a Best Place to Work where our people can be their authentic self, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a culture where all employees can collaborate and work together effectively. Relationships are a key component in how we operate in Baxter and we share the common traits of being reliable, ethical, caring, having empathy, actively listening to our colleagues as well as being open minded to new ideas and perspectives.
We are proud to be recognized among the top 120 companies for the seventh consecutive year as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for delivering support structures for working families; stronger actions to address pay inequalities; and strategic recruitment and promotion practices that help to encourage the full participation of women at work. We are also pleased to be the winner of the 2021 & 2019 Women in MedTech Champion Company Award.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter. com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.